Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Catching up


I'm having some formatting problems today, but no matter. I have photos! From last June. That would be half a year ago. But they are photos!!

So, the one you see above is the inside of the Dome in the Duomo in Florence (called Firenze by the locals).


This slightly blurry one was taken at the top of Assisi at night.


This fresco randomly caught my eye. It's taken from an outside chapel at San Damiano convent, at the bottom of Assisi.


Another from that night in Assisi.


Eating Sorrentino gnocchi in Sorrento on a 100 degree day. To my great disappointment, the frozen Sorrentino gnocchi that Trader Joe's makes are ten hundred times better. Who would have thunk.



For my Christendom Rome ´04 peeps: the view from the rooftop of our convent, up on the hill. (The hill with all those STAIRS! Do you remember them?)



Outdoor artwork in Florence.



Figure on one of Ghibertti's doors, Duomo Baptistry, Firenze.
Time to run to dinner. More to come during another period of procrastination. Say a prayer for the 8 things I have to do for school tonight. Heh heh.

1 comment:

Wife of a Soldier said...

Ah, Sorrento! My favorite place in Italy! We need to go there together some day ;) Did you ever try their rum lemon dessert thingy?