Friday, January 23, 2009

Victory!!

Good news:  I finally tracked down my advisor and my thesis proposal was approved today! 

Bad news:  I have to write a 70 page paper.  

Eww.

Well, on the positive-thinking side, I *did* write 80 pages for my undergrad one (what was I thinking?)

I'm actually really excited for this one.  I'm doing it on communication, the conservative movement, and Ronald Reagan.  Yep.  I worked for those folks (conservatives, not Reagan) for two years.  Figured I might as well learn something about them now that I'm almost two years out of DC.  

It's going to be a fascinating topic to research.  To aid the task, I have about 20 books and 1500 photocopied sheets of material to sift through.  Finally, an excuse to read something in English!  So, prepare yourself for an inundation of conservative facts in the next few months.   

Such as, did you know that the conservative movement invented direct mail?

Who would have thought?  We were once cutting-edge.

1 comment:

Wife of a Soldier said...

YAY for you! Soooo happy they liked your idea :) You will get through the writing - lots of chocolate, keeping yourself rested, and the occasional gelato indugence ;)