Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Done!



With exam number one of this week! Yes, Ecclesiology is officially over after a 3 Day Marathon Translation Session with my Italian Ecclesiology book. It was such a special moment when I looked at the Catechism of the Catholic Church at 4 AM a few hours ago and realized that the entire book was summarized in English in the Catechism. Nevertheless, it is done and I think I did well! And after 3 days of Italian words dancing polkas through my head, I feel ready to tackle the next huge exam, Digital Communications, which must be written in Italian (and that is scary).

Thanks for all the prayers sent my way! Keep them coming. You're in mine!

3 comments:

A. T. Wallace said...

Adrienne,
How is the Ecclesiology class? Is the notion of "Church as sacrament" the primary theme? Just curious as this is one of my interests of thought. Dababbabddabdaba!

one muse more said...

Hi David! I found the Ecclesiology class to be pretty good. I found the themes of the Church as the People of God (especially tracing the history of God's design for salvation in the OT with the Israelites) and the Reign of God were especially emphasized. I know that Sacramentality was a theme, because it was one of the exam questions (which I thankfully did not get), but I didn't pick up on that theme as much from the dispensa we got (which the teacher heavily relies on in class). It was probably something that was touched more during the lectures (which I didn't follow very well many times, in large part because of the readily available dispensa :), and in the Church documents themselves (which we could use during the exam). :) You've got my curious, now, though - I'll look through the dispensa and see what's in there. Maybe they talk more about it in the next semester. :)

Miss you and Lizbet lots!

Adrienne

one muse more said...

Wow, I just read over that. Memo to self: don't write responses after Mardi Gras parties. :)