Friday, January 18, 2008

From the sacred to the profane

Yes, it's that time of year again.

Finals.

This is the time when the idyllic life of a student of a Rome starts to really, really stink.

The Europeans just don't do it the way American profs do. Study guides? Forget about it. Here's a book. Memorize it. Oh yeah, translate it first into your language. Heh heh heh. When my friend told me to "make a outline of what was covered in the class and memorize it as a point of reference - you know, when they ask you about it on the test," I knew that I was in for an interesting European experience.

But I knew all this when I signed up, so I'm not *really* complaining. Just commiserating with sympathetic souls like yourselves.

So, to express (somehow) how I feel about finals, I'm posting a link to a site that brings me entertainment, month by month. It's as anti-my-purpose-of-being-in-Rome as you can get. The author's succinct descriptions bring me joy.

Eyesore of the Month

You've GOT to check out the previous one, for December. Prepare yourself.

1 comment:

Kateri said...

You are too funny! I miss you!!!