Sunday, October 10, 2010

daaa da da da da daaaaaaaaa DA daaaaaaaaaahhhh

^That is supposed to be the intro to Swan Lake.

Because we went there.  To Swan Lake, and to crazy King Ludwig II's castle who was freakin' OBSESSED with Swan Lake.  And very flamboyant.

Ok, THIS is what the place looks like:


Yep!!!  Don't you hate me right now?  

Well don't.

Because THIS is what it looked like to me:


Omg, yeah.  NOT.  SO.  MAGICAL.

Dang fog!!!  We could barely see 10 feet past the thing.  It was heartbreaking.  Stop laughing.  But at least the walk up there was pretty.


Babbling brook, which was probably actually laughing, not babbling at us.  Because it knew that our view would STINK.


What I wish we'd done instead of walking.  When I looked at my boots for a crud-check at the end, I discovered that the bottom part of my heel had fallen off.  Awesome.
The best shot I got of the castle.  It should have given us a clue when we saw all the tourists leaving the castle taking pictures of the nice sunny posters hanging in the gift shops.


There are Alps back there.  Somewhere.  Anywhere?  Beuller?  Alps? Aaaaaalps?


Ummm, magical?  The inside was insanely ornate.  It was hard to know whether to admire it or say (repeatedly), holy cow, this guy was nuts!  Only 17 rooms completed and he bankrupted the country to do it.  He "mysteriously" died by drowning in a lake.  Hmmm, coincidence?  I think not.

1 comment:

Mollie said...

Man, that castle looks like something out of Dracula, and not Disneyland.