Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy studying Sunday

It's been quite a week.  I had one exam last Monday, followed by a blessed week of time off.  Exams begin again tomorrow, and continue to come one-a-day until Thursday, when I shall finally be free.  Until then, it's a mad scramble to get everything done and properly crammed into my head.  

Exciting news of the week: I picked up an internship doing translation and editing work for a Rome-based Catholic news agency.  Life from now on is going to be busy, but lots of fun - I've always wanted to do something like this.  I figured out this weekend that I have, in fact, five jobs:
  1. Schoolwork (sitting and class and doing assignments - with a laptop, these two can thankfully be combined)
  2. Thesis (reading and writing)
  3. Teaching my 2 year old Italian kid English ($$$)
  4. Internship (couple afternoons a week and some weeknights)
  5. Life (groceries, cooking, laundry, cleaning, saying hi to people every once and awhile, and sleep)
Let the day-planning and multi-tasking begin.  :)  Thank you, D.C. life training.

In the meantime, this weekend has been super-productive.  My friend and I spent all of yesterday putting together a podcast for one of our classes.  We have to produce 4 fifteen minute segments on any topic we like.  Technically, we had four months to do it, but we only just got around to doing it now.  Yes, so typical.  We're doing ours as a audio Student's Guide to Rome, with lots of touring information, food facts and and practical tips.  Researching it has been a blast!  I learned some of the most fascinating facts about areas of Rome.  

Macs make producing a podcast so easy, too.  All you do is open Garageband and record one track with audio and piece together another track with back-ground music.  I love stuff like that, so I happily took over the task of production.  When our program forces us to learn practical skills, I really appreciate the value of our program.

Guess I'd better get back to studying so I can actually graduate from it . . . .

1 comment:

Little Things said...

Wow! The internship sounds awesome! How do you possibly find the time to do all of those things. You are amazing.