Wednesday, February 25, 2009

San Giorgio

San Giorgio just doesn't sound as masculine as St. George.  It just sounds like the Italians finally went haywire and decided to canonize Armani.

So apparently the church tomorrow has St. George's skull in it.  And it was John Henry Cardinal Newman's titular church (meaning he had possession of it in name - all the Cardinals get one in Rome, it's the door prize of being elected a cardinal).  

Again, is it apparent that I'm avoiding schoolwork?  I have to do a Media Training debate tomorrow about the Church and homosexuality.  Lord spare me.  I know very little about the topic.  

1 comment:

Dad Wms said...

Your Media Training debate about the Church and homosexuality sounds similar to a 5 minute presentation Rachel has to do for Marshner I think to an "audience" of pro-gay Protestants about the Church and homosexuality. It is in a couple of weeks. Any chance you could share whatever you did with her? Thanks,

J. Williams