Wednesday, February 4, 2009

One of them days

The good news is, I am pretty much done with finals today.  Just have to turn in the final copy of my desktop publishing project on Friday, and first semester is over.  Yay!

The bad news is, I deleted 45 minutes worth of podcast today while copying tracks from one place to another.  Apparently "copying" things in  Garageband doesn't mean that the new copied material is independent from its source.  Apparently if you delete the original recording thinking its safe and secure in its new location, the copied track disappears too.

Huh.  Fascinating little detail, that.  

File it under the "live and learn - and then make 50 backups" category.

The good news is, I went grocery shopping today and found . . . edible things . . .  that are sort of like potato chips.  I think a more accurate name would be a potato-based snack.  They take processing to a whole other level.  Unlike America, they actually admit on the front of the bag that they contain a maximum of 10% oils/fat.  "Crazy Chips" became my friends today.  My favorite part is the very very very small print at the bottom of the bag.  It reads, "L'immagine e puramente dimonstrativa."  I bet even  you can figure out what that means.  "The image (of plasticy looking potato-based edible things) is purely demonstrative."  

Their English translation of that phrase:  "Presentation advice."

Maybe they mean "Presentation advisory"?  You know, warning the faint-hearted that the food-like thing they just purchased might not look like the nice photo?

The bad news is, there's a ton of bad news today.  Friends being hit from the economic crisis, a devastating scandal breaking for the Legionaries of Christ, the Chicago cathedral's roof burning off . . .the world isn't doing so well.  A lot of things to keep in our prayers.

The final word is, I'm really happy that finals are coming to an end, and that my electronic To Do list has diminished from about 28 lines to 12.  That, my friends, is pure happiness in itself.  Buona notte.

2 comments:

Wife of a Soldier said...

Yay for being done with finals! That really sucks about your podcast :{ At least it wasn't your thesis ;) Miss you! Am starting to get a voice again so hope we can talk soon :)

one muse more said...

If I had deleted any of my thesis (if it actually existed to delete, lol), you'd be able to hear my moan of horror all the way in Kansas. :)